1/4 cup date paste
4 tbsp maple syrup or agave syrup
2 tbsp coconut oil
1/2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
1 cup oat flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/2 tsp salt
splash of any kind of milk, coffee, or water
1. sift dry ingredients together to remove all lumps and thoroughly combine with a fork.
2. put date paste, vanilla, coconut oil in a blender and add just enough liquid (milk, coffee, or water) to make it possible to spin into a smooth paste.
3. fold wet into dry and work it well with a wooden spoon. Don't add more liquid unless you absolutely have to in order to be able to mold it into a smooth, slightly-sticky, slightly-greasy ball. Wrap teh ball in plastic and refrigerate for one hour.
4. roll into a wiener shape and then pinch off small sections and roll into balls. Keep the balls small//they are rich!
5. coat with chocolate flakes, pistachio crumbs, pecan flakes, coconut, cinnamon, or all of the above by sprinkling toppings into a bowl and rolling the little balls around in it. Or coat with melted chocolate! Smash little nuts and dried fruits into the top as desired.
Refrigerate for at least an hour before serving! Yummy!!